Thursday, November 12, 2009

Holiday Trees from Magazines

Hello all! I am already starting to make the holiday trees for the mantle this year! So, I thought I would share how to make them. I can not remember where I first learned this or I would post a reference to them, but I remember it was on a blog! You can Google and find instructions too. Some instructions use two magazines per tree, or they paint them or add glue and glitter after it is made.....it is up to you!
First, grab an old magazine. Here I am using an Eddie Bauer magazine sent here to our home with my MOMS name on it....too weird!
Take the upper right hand corner of the first page and bring it down so that the top edge of the page rest against the binding of the magazine.

Now crease this first fold, carefully. Again, take this page and fold it over until the crease rests against the binding of the magazine. Crease second fold.
Finally fold the triangle (that overlaps the bottom of the magazine) upward so it will be even with the bottom of the magazine, crease it. The first page is finished.


Continue folding & creasing the remaining pages. When the magazine is completely folded glue or tape the front and back pages together.
Enjoy! Hope you all go out and make some of your own! Go forth and create!

post signature





















1 comment:

Nancy Sells Puffer said...

Oh my gosh! We used to make those when we were kids!! Thanks for the blast from the past. I may have to make one this season just for the memories it will bring back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...