Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Do Over Challenge Blog Hop




Hello all! Check out Jeannie's Blog for the other participants in the Do Over Challenge Blog Hop! Jeannie sent us a piece of jewelry from her collection that she had made long ago. The challenge was to use at least 50% of the beads and make it into a new piece. I got incredibly lucky!! The piece I received had seed beads! So OF COURSE I made a beaded toggle out of them! I then agonized over what to do with the mother of pearl coins! I let it sit for days....then AH HA! I remembered my bead stash that I won in a giveaway from Kitty! The lampwork heart called to me and I wrapped, almost guiltily I might add, a Vintaj dragonfly around it.......then it just all came together after that!! I hope you like it as much as I do!!! Enjoy!!





post signature

16 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Ooooh pretty!

JeannieK said...

The colors are great with the green heart! The beaded toggle is so pretty. I love that you adding the beads in the earrings "as is." That just made me smile.
Thank you for participating Leslie

Pretty Things said...

VERY pretty -- I'm loving pink!

pam ferrari said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Leslie! I love the dragonfly wrapped pendant, very clever and the beaded circle for the toggle clasp is beautiful!

TesoriTrovati said...

Hi Leslie! Isn't this fun? I love that you used those seed beads in a fun toggle. I am completely enamored of seed bead toggles because I avoid seed beads like the plague! ;-)
I love the beautiful glass heart wrapped with the dragonfly. It looks like a secret garden! Enjoy the day!
Erin

My Life Under the Bus said...

Hey Leslie It came together beautifully! Much more pop to it! The toggle is perfect!

Christine Altmiller said...

so pretty and full of springtime!

kimmykats said...

The bead toggle is beautiful. The dragonfly wrapped around the glass bead has me thinking of some wonderful "rocks" I have in my stash that would look lovely done up this way. Very pretty necklace!!

Lucid Moon Studio said...

Love the result of your Do Over! Of course, the clasp is beautiful, and it all came together perfectly. I like the green of the heart with the shades of purple. Great job!

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Omg I am in love with that heart wrapped with the dragonfly! I would have been freaked out to do that!
Loving your toggles :-)

Charlie said...

Love Love Love the new piece you created. The toggle is great!

Jenni said...

Great do over, the toggle works just perfectly and the vintaj looks great with the green and mauve coloring, plus I love the dragonfly.
jenni

diane hawkey said...

fabulous update of that piece.

elisabeth said...

Wow! Really incredible!

Niky Sayers said...

Great job such a lovely necklace and I love that clasp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...