Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Elegant Snobbery


Hello all! You know...I do not think I ever shared this picture with everyone...I think I had to keep it under wraps until Marisa of Elegant Snobbery finished the rest of her illustrations for some other lucky peeps! That was MONTHS ago....man, am I behind! This is an illustration Marisa Hopkins made for my daughter Madelyn! Marisa painstakingly made the little sweetie look like my Maddy....hair color, curls and all! Madelyn is holding her FAVORITE toy Ellie the Elephant. Backstory: We were visiting my father in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving 2008 when Madelyn spotted a pink elephant at Target in the baby section....yeah and she was 3 at the time, NOT a baby...but SERIOUSLY the fit that she threw as we left Target was a scary thing...she HAD to have that elephant!!! She would DIE without it....or so she acted! Anyhoo, she got it, and she does not sleep without it! *It plays a lullaby*
I digress!!
Marisa has a GREAT blog that I love to read and THIS post is fantastic! We get to see start to finish just HOW she creates her fantastic illustrations!! Woo Hoo! Am I the only one who thinks this is wonderful? I think NOT! My heavens is she talented!
Enjoy! And thank you Marisa...we LOVE our illustration!

post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, I'm so glad you both love your illustration, Leslie! I had a great time drawing her for you!!

~ Marisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...